Pursue your studies in Canada
If you’re a student from India, the Scotiabank Student GIC Program can help you plan for your studies in Canada.
Scotiabank is one of the largest banks in Canada, serving over 23 million customers all over the world. When you bank with Scotiabank, you will have access to over 1,000 branches and nearly 4,000 Scotiabank ABMs across Canada, so it’s easy to find one near your school or residence. And with the Scotiabank StartRight Program for international students we can do so much more than just help you apply for your Study Permit; from a banking package that lets you bank with no monthly fees2 to an unsecured credit card that offers free movie rewards3, we have the products and services you need to enjoy your time in Canada. We work with the Canadian High Commission, India to help students like you pursue their studies in Canada. Currently we’re the only top five Canadian financial institution that participates in the Student Partners Program (SPP) in India.
Under the Scotiabank Student GIC Program (SSGP), you can purchase a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from Scotiabank for $10,000 Canadian dollars (CAD). A GIC is an investment account that offers a guaranteed interest rate over a fixed period of time
- $2,000 CAD plus any accrued interest will be deposited into your personal bank account when you arrive in Canada.
- Each month, for 12 months, you’ll receive a portion of the balance of your investment back, plus interest.
- You can use these funds to help pay for living expenses while you’re studying in Canada.
- After 12 months, you’ll have received your $10,000 CAD investment back
- The fee for this program is $200 CAD.